Key Account Manager interview questions
Your next high-quality Key Account Manager will have awesome communication and negotiation skills. They’re problem-solving strategy-heads with deep industry knowledge and a passion for sales and market trends.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- Talk us through a day-in-the-life of a Key Account Manager.
- What info do you need before contacting a new client for the first time?
- How do you prepare great progress reports and what info do you need?
- What CRM tech have you used?
Behavioral interview questions
- Tell us about your client portfolio from your last role.
- What’s been your career highlight so far?
- Have you ever lost an important customer? What would you have done differently?
- How do you build strong relationships with key clients? Do you prefer to connect via email, phone or in-person?
Problem solving interview questions
- What advice would you give a new Account Manager on dealing with customer complaints?
- Where would you look for new sales opportunities if we asked you to increase revenue by X% in a year?
- How would you turn around an important client who was considering ending our business relationship?
- What would you do if closing a deal with an important client would result in losing an existing smaller client?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now