Key Account Manager interview questions
Your next high-quality Key Account Manager will have awesome communication and negotiation skills. They’re problem-solving strategy-heads with deep industry knowledge and a passion for sales and market trends.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- Talk us through a day-in-the-life of a Key Account Manager.
- What info do you need before contacting a new client for the first time?
- How do you prepare great progress reports and what info do you need?
- What CRM tech have you used?
Behavioral interview questions
- Tell us about your client portfolio from your last role.
- What’s been your career highlight so far?
- Have you ever lost an important customer? What would you have done differently?
- How do you build strong relationships with key clients? Do you prefer to connect via email, phone or in-person?
Problem solving interview questions
- What advice would you give a new Account Manager on dealing with customer complaints?
- Where would you look for new sales opportunities if we asked you to increase revenue by X% in a year?
- How would you turn around an important client who was considering ending our business relationship?
- What would you do if closing a deal with an important client would result in losing an existing smaller client?