Risk Analyst qualifications to look for
Risk Analysts will help your company eliminate financial risks and make profitable decisions by evaluating your portfolio decisions and forecasting potential losses from investments.
It’s important to evaluate risk assessment abilities and data analysis software skills.
Keep an eye out for candidates who are:
- Analytical thinkers
- Experienced in finance
- Critical thinkers
- Problem solvers
Your top next hire will proactively identify risks by combining and analyzing information, including confidential data.
Highly-qualified candidates will demonstrate this through past work experiences while nailing answers to hypothetical scenarios.
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- What would you do if you realized during a presentation your calculations were incorrect?
- Walk me through how you would determine loaning [$X] to a company.
- Can you project where interest rates will be in the next 12 months? What is your reason for this?
- A client who isn’t credit-worthy is close to closing on a large deal. How do you handle this situation?
Role-specific interview questions
- What financial software do you have experience using? What are your favorite features?
- Why is WACC?
- What is a good debt-to-equity ratio? What determines this?
- If you know our net income, how do you calculate our cash flow?
- What is a credit default swap (CDS)? How is it used?
- Are you familiar with Basel III? Explain it.
Behavioral interview questions
- How often do you normally collaborate with Financial Analysts and Accountants every day? Do you also regularly interact with external partners?
- What publications and sources do you use to stay current with industry developments and financial regulations?
- Has a client ever experienced loss due to an investment you suggested? What did you learn from that experience? If not, how would you handle it?
- You’re asked to recommend a cost-effective solution. What would you suggest and how will it save money?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now