Team Leader interview questions
Your high-quality Team Leader candidate will be awesome at motivating teams with constructive feedback and recognition. They will lead by example, be super professional problem-solvers and will handle confidential info sensitively.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you motivate a low-energy team member?
- Describe how you would deal with conflict between two team members.
- How would you persuade your team members they can reach a high goal?
- What would you do if a manager from a different department wanted to collaborate with one of your team?
- How would you change your leadership style to meet a tight deadline?
- You learn that one of your top performers is stealing company stationery. What would you do?
Role-specific interview questions
- Which performance appraisal systems have you used?
- What’s your favorite way to communicate with your team?
- What organized team-building activities have you participated in?
- What tech do you use to track tasks and goals?
Behavioral interview questions
- What’s your favorite way to provide feedback and why?
- What’s the most challenging part of your job?
- Have you ever laid off an employee? What happened?
- What are your top onboarding processes for new team members?
- Describe a time you led a team to successfully complete a challenging project. How did you do it?