Social Media Analyst Interview Questions
High-quality candidates are qualified (think: marketing degree and/or digital technology certifications) and experienced in Google Analytics and social media management tools. They’ll be proactive strategists with a thorough understanding of online marketing trends and audience needs.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- How do you find out Facebook follower demographics and why?
- How do you measure user engagement for quick-turnover content like Snapchat or Instagram Stories?
- What are your everyday metrics to monitor?
- What scheduling tools do you use?
- What are the best SEO practices to boost web traffic?
- What are your top keyword research tools?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe a social media campaign you ran from beginning to end. What were your results?
- Describe a time you had to explain social media metrics to non-technical executives. What were your challenges?
- How do you keep up-to-date with current tools and trends?
- Have you joined any Facebook or LinkedIn groups to connect with industry pros? Who are your favorite social media experts?
- What’s the best social media campaign you’ve ever seen? Why was it successful?
- Have you ever had to persuade an unconvinced colleague about a new social media strategy? What happened?
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you learn about our current social media strategy?
- How would you A/B-test our social media post timings?
- How would you measure the success of a live event broadcast?
- What metrics would show a social media campaign failed?
- Which networks would you use to advertise a product launch, and which would you avoid?