Copywriter interview questions
Your next team player is experienced and has a great understanding of CMS’s, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and end-to-end marketing campaigns. They have awesome research and critical thinking skills and can proactively identify promo opportunities.
- Set an assignment: Ask candidates to supply a written piece to help you understand their skills.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- How much time do you spend researching/writing?
- How do you measure blog post success?
- How do you think people discover our content?
- How would you improve SEO?
- What publishing platforms have you used?
- What design software have you used?
- How do you check grammar and spelling?
- What are the main content guidelines you give the design team?
Behavioral interview questions
- What’s the best piece of writing you’ve ever done? Why?
- What are your top blogs/websites and why?
- Have you ever had a personal blog? What is it about?
- What type of content do you hate and why?
- How do you stay motivated?
- How detailed do you like your writing instructions to be?
- Describe a recent team project you worked on. Who was it with, what was your role and what did you ace at?
- Describe a time your attention to detail helped you succeed.
Problem solving interview questions
- What new web content would you recommend for our company?
- How many pieces of copy could you turn around in a week? Why?
- How would you manage frequent copy updates on a constantly evolving product?
- How would you respond to negative feedback from your manager?
- What language/tone would you use to attract a younger audience?
- How do you prioritize work to make sure you never miss a deadline?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now