Sales Executive interview questions
Future high-performers are most likely outgoing with some sales or customer service experience. They’re friendly, confident and have awesome presentation skills. They’ll be experienced (unless you plan to train them) and will have knowledge of various sales techniques, as well as persistence and competitiveness.
Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What’s your supervisory experience?
- How do you feel about cold-calling?
- Sell me [this product].
- How do you handle rejection?
- How do you keep customers satisfied?
- Which CRM software have you used?
Behavioral interview questions
- What’s the most challenging sale you’ve ever made?
- Explain how you met quotas in your last role.
- Describe a time you handled a customer complaint.
- Tell us about a time you lost a client/prospect. What would you have done differently?
- How would you motivate underperforming subordinates?
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you generate leads or sales at a networking event?
- If you cold-called a prospect, how would you find out their needs and arrange a meeting?
- When is the right time to stop pursuing a prospect?
- How would you respond to a customer who kept haggling?