Training Manager interview questions
High-quality candidates will have experience in leadership training and be able to talk confidently about their successes, failures, favorite training techniques, and evaluation processes. They’ll have incredible leadership and communication skills and will know their stuff when it comes to the wider industry.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- How do you choose and develop new training programs?
- How do you keep up-to-date with employee training trends?
- How have you improved your skills recently?
- What’s the most challenging training scenario you’ve dealt with and what did you do?
- How do you ask for feedback about your programs?
- Have you ever used negative feedback to improve a program?
- Describe a time you facilitated training with new tech.
- How often do you reinforce employee training?
- Have you ever trained a superior at work? What happened?
- How do you hire high-quality training coordinators?
- How do you monitor team performance?
- How do you motivate your team?
- Describe a recent training program you implemented, from start to finish. How did you design the curriculum? What training methods did you use? How did you communicate the program's successes?