HR Business Partner interview questions
High-quality candidates will be human-first experts with incredible people management skills. They’ll know exactly how to deal with employee relations issues, be business metrics pros and will be able to consistently come up with creative ways to boost your employer brand.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you deal with an employee vs. supervisor conflict?
- How do you influence teams to follow your way of thinking?
- What policies would you create to achieve company diversity?
- What are your top team-building methods?
Role-specific interview questions
- How do you stay up-to-date with changes in labor legislation?
- What HR metrics are you familiar with?
- What’s your fave HR software?
- What’s your training method evaluation technique?
- What are your top employee retention programs?
- What makes an awesome company culture?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever dealt with team conflicts? What happened?
- Describe a time you provided an awesome innovative solution after a traditional approach failed.
- Have any of your suggestions failed?
- Have you ever implemented a new system that improved cost, productivity or time? What happened?