About the Carpenter position
We are looking for a Carpenter who will organize various operations with wooden structures such as cutting٫ fabricating and installing٫ in strict accordance with specifications. Your duties will include producing steady and functional infrastructure and products.
You should possess great hand dexterity and an eye for detail٫ being able to work with little supervision and follow all health and safety standards. We also expect you to have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials.
Carpenter responsibilities are:
- Use blueprints٫ drawings and sketches and follow the requirements
- Calculate the size and amount of material needed after performing all necessary measurements
- Cut٫ shape and smooth lumber and other material (such as fiberglass) according to measurements
- Create window frames٫ doors٫ staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Install floorings٫ roofings or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Create and assemble furniture٫ cabinets٫ shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Review places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Install scaffolding and other construction structures
Carpenter requirements are:
- 2+ years' experience of working on a Carpenter position
- Significant experience in working with carpentry materials and using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (such as powered saws٫ hammers٫ rulers and so on)
- In-depth knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Good ability to understand technical documents and drawings and follow safety and other guidelines
- Proper knowledge of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance
- Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program
- High school diploma;
Frequently Asked Questions
Hire a Carpenter
Post this Carpenter job ad to 50+ free job boards with one click.