About the Painter Position
As a Painter for our company, you’ll be responsible for bringing our clients’ visions to life. By using paint, plaster, and other materials, you’ll change the appearance of both internal and external walls for homes and other structures.
Along with physical strength, you’ll need a strong knowledge of color theory and different tools to get the job done in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Work closely with clients to understand what they’re looking for while advising them on different colors, mediums, and other applicable options
- Survey project sites to estimate time and materials needed, discussing options with clients
- Prepare walls and other surfaces through sanding, taping off outlets, repairing cracks, etc.
- Mix and apply paint, varnishes, and necessary solvents
- Use a variety of tools to achieve the desired finish on painted surface
- Set up and take down additional equipment as needed, such as scaffolding, ladders, etc.
- Maintain all tools and equipment
- Perform final inspection to ensure quality and accuracy of work
- Adhere to workplace safety rules and regulations
- [1+] years previous experience as a Painter for residential or commercial buildings
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Skill with paint, varnish, and other associated products
- Physical strength and stamina, including good balance and steady hands
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Previous experience working with power tools preferred
Find this Painter job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Painter?
A good Painter will have no trouble performing physical labor for several hours, whether working indoors or outdoors. As a Painter, you’ll be responsible for ensuring clients are happy with the final product you’ve worked with them to create.
Who does a Painter report to?
Painters usually report to a construction manager or site manager.
What is the salary range for a Painter?
The salary range for a Painter is $34,000 to $54,000.