About the Communications Specialist Position
Our company is looking to hire a Communications Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will excel in public speaking and has superb writing skills. As a Communications Specialist, you’ll be responsible for internal and external communications that are in line with our company’s mission and values.
This job is perfect for someone enthusiastic who can see both the big picture and all the little details that go into it. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Communications Specialist Responsibilities
- Create effective internal and external communications strategies for our company
- Research and write press releases and company website updates, including newsletters, blog posts and infographics
- Work with public relations and marketing team members to brainstorm ideas for new content opportunities
- Manage media inquiries and coordinate press conferences, interviews, and events
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, influencers, and other key figures
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop marketing strategies
- Maintain the company’s values and adhere to the company’s usual style guide
Communications Specialist Requirements
- BA/BS in public relations, communications, marketing, or a related field
- [2+] years in a similar role
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent demonstration of computer literacy skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite programs
- Proven content writing and social media experience
- A portfolio is preferred but not required.
Find this Communications Specialist job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Communications Specialist?
A good communications specialist is eager and enthusiastic about sharing their company’s new developments. They’re excellent at written and spoken communication and consider themselves up-to-date on the latest communications trends.
Who does a Communications Specialist report to?
A Communications Specialist typically reports to the Communications Manager.
What is the salary range for a Communications Specialist?
The average salary range for a Communications Specialist is $40,000 to $60,000.