About the Estimator position
We are looking for a responsible Estimator who will help us prepare accurate estimates for our projects so that we could make informed decisions that will enhance our company's profitability and growth. Your duties will include gathering information٫ analyzing important metrics and providing knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
You should have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset٫ and also be thorough and apt in managing relationships with key persons.
Estimator responsibilities are:
- Review and analyze the project and its requirements
- Define key variables for cost and other estimates
- Collect first-hand information from sites٫ warehouses or other venues
- Perform research to obtain data on labor costs٫ materials٫ production times etc.
- Perform data analysis٫ forecasting and budgeting with the help of appropriate software
- Collect and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Analyse risk and develop estimates based on your analysis results
- Prepare estimate reports or bids and present them to appropriate persons٫ such as project managers٫ clients or bidding competitions
- Maintain relationships with key vendors٫ subcontractors٫ suppliers٫ engineers and others
- Participate in planning of schedules٫ manpower needs etc.٫ providing your consultation
Estimator requirements are:
- 2+ years' experience of working on an Estimator or other similar position
- Excellent knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
- Excellent knowledge of financial and project management principles
- Good practical experience with analytics and estimation software٫ such as Timberline or HCSS HeavyBid
- Strong math and IT skills with an analytical mindset
- Strong organizational skills together with thoroughness and reliability
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- BSc or BA degree in engineering٫ construction science or other relevant area; certification of a Professional Estimator (CPE) will be a bonus
Frequently Asked Questions
Hire an Estimator
Post this Estimator job ad to 50+ free job boards with one click.