About the Reporter Position
Our company is looking for a passionate, energetic, and talented Reporter to join our media team. As a Reporter, you’ll be responsible for pitching stories, doing research, and writing and sharing articles with our community.
The ideal candidate will come with a strong portfolio and a desire to keep citizens informed about both local and national news.
- Develop story ideas from news leads or receive and workshop assignments from editors
- Research, write, and edit compelling news stories
- Schedule and conduct interviews with subjects relevant to stories
- Fact-check and verify all information received, whether through interviews or research
- Shoot photographs or videos to accompany stories as needed
- Follow local and global news sources to stay on top of current events
- Keep up with any and all changes to the AP Stylebook
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or a related field
- [2+] years experience working as a Reporter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grasp of AP Style
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Wordpress, and other online publishing tools
- Superb research and critical thinking skills
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- A strong portfolio of previously published articles and any accompanying photography or videography
Find this Reporter job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Reporter?
A good Reporter is passionate about their community and all the things happening in it. Whether doing research to give a news story further context or out in the field interviewing subjects, they’re 100 percent committed to reporting an unbiased, factual story.
Who does a Reporter report to?
Depending on the job, a Reporter typically reports to a News Director or Editor.
What is the salary range for a Reporter?
A typical salary for a Reporter is $40,000 to $65,000.
Hire a Reporter
Post this Reporter job ad to 50+ free job boards with one click.