About the Systems Engineer position
We are looking for a skilled Systems Engineer who will help building٫ maintaining٫ and troubleshooting our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will join our talented team of engineers who deliver mission critical infrastructure and ensure the highest levels of availability٫ performance and security.
You should have a background in IT٫ computer systems engineering٫ or systems engineering and analysis. We also expect you to demonstrate superb technical competency and strong teamwork skills.
Systems Engineer responsibilities are:
- Monitor and support all installed systems and infrastructure
- Organize the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability٫ acting proactively
- Install٫ configure٫ test and maintain operating systems٫ application software and system management tools
- Evaluate application performance٫ identify potential bottlenecks٫ develop solutions٫ and implement them with the help of developers
- Oversee company's security٫ backup٫ and redundancy strategies
- Develop custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Contribute to the design of information and operational support systems
- Work together with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Systems Engineer requirements are:
- 2+ years' experience of working on a Systems Engineer position
- Solid experience in installing٫ configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments
- Good experience in administering and performance tuning of application stacks٫ such as Tomcat٫ JBoss٫ Apache٫ Ruby٫ NGINX and others
- Good experience with Cloud platforms (AWS is preferred) and virtualization (including such products as VMware٫ Virtual Box and others)
- Good experience with automation software (such as Puppet٫ cfengine٫ Chef and so on) and with monitoring systems
- Strong scripting skills٫ including shell scripts٫ Perl٫ Ruby٫ Python etc.
- Excellent knowledge of networking technologies٫ particularly with OSI network layers and TCP/IP
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science٫ Engineering or other related area