About the Teacher Position
Our school is looking for a qualified and self-motivated Teacher to join our team. Educational professionals at our school strive to cultivate a lifelong love of learning in our students. As a teacher, your duties will include creating engaging lessons and working with students to make sure they have the skills they need to succeed.
We’re looking for someone passionate about teaching who enjoys seeing their students make progress. As well as teaching, we want someone who can create meaningful relationships with students and who will make learning fun for them.
- Create lesson plans and use them to implement educational materials, activities and events
- Offer personalized instruction that caters to each student to meet educational standards
- Lead class while ensuring all students are learning in a safe, productive, and inclusive environment
- Prepare and grade homework, assignments, and exams as required
- Distribute periodic progress reports and report cards
- Hold parent-teacher conferences as needed and/or required
- Keep classroom neat and orderly
- Work with other Teachers to ensure schoolwide tasks are completed
- BA/BS in teaching or in a specialized subject with education certificate
- Previous experience working as a Teacher
- Significant knowledge of teaching methods and legal educational requirements
- Excellent leadership skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Certification in CPR and first aid
Find this Teacher job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now!
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Teacher?
A good teacher not only knows the material, but also makes sure their students are able to learn it in a way that works for them! Whether it’s through fun in-class activities or through study guides, a good teacher wants to see students succeed.
Who does a Teacher report to?
A teacher typically reports to a Principal or a Department Head, depending on the school.
What is the salary range for a Teacher?
The average salary for a Teacher is $35,000 to $65,000.