Mail Clerk Interview Questions
Your zero-regret new hire will have experience with record-keeping practices and office equipment, and be familiar with stock control. They’ll be highly organized, have good communication skills and have basic understanding of office apps, like email and calendar tools.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- What info would you keep in a spreadsheet about incoming mail?
- When is express delivery appropriate?
- What would you do if a customer/partner claimed they sent a package two weeks ago, but it never arrived?
- What would you do if you sent a package to the wrong address?
Role-specific interview questions
- How do you figure out how much a delivery costs?
- Describe a day in the life of a Mail Clerk.
- How do you send a package to a client?
- How do you organize incoming mail? How and when do you distribute mail to appropriate departments or employees?
- What office equipment have you used before?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe a time when your attention to detail saved you from making a mistake.
- How do you stay motivated?
- How do you prioritize tasks?
- How do you ensure confidentiality of personal data and sensitive information?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now