Admin Manager interview questions
Your ideal Admin Manager will have soft skills like great communication and the team-player instinct, plus they’ll be organized and awesome at hitting deadlines.
- College degrees aren’t necessary but look out for people with qualifications (like a Business Admin BSc) and/or experience—they’ll be pros at basic procedures.
- Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- What departmental info would you need for annual expense reports?
- How would you tell employees about a system change?
- How do you balance workload vs quality of work?
Role-specific interview questions
- What software programs do you use on a daily basis?
- What is your experience in Excel? How do you usually use it?
- What’s your experience with calendar management? What tools do you use?
- How do you manage office resources?
- How do you handle requests for confidential information?
- Do you have experience training employees? How do you ace it?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe a time you’ve improved efficiency at work.
- How do you stay motivated with repetitive work?
- How would you deal with a colleague dispute?
- Have you ever lost a physical or digital file at work? What happened?
- How do you balance workload vs. productivity?