Operations Manager interview questions
Your high-quality candidate will have relevant experience, the ability to tackle operational problems and be able to find quality solutions on time. They’ll also be a natural problem-solver and have solid interpersonal skills.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- What does a day in the life look like for an Operations Manager?
- Step-by-step, how do you plan a budget?
- What is your experience with logistics management?
- What have you found the most effective approach for negotiating contracts?
Role-specific interview questions
- Which Management Info Systems have you used?
- What are your fave Cost Analysis tools?
- What method would you use to make a production costs report?
- Which are the top financial management best practices?
- What does successful communication between different organizational functions/departments look like?
- How do support services contribute to acing biz goals?
- How would you work with IT to achieve data security?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever saved time or money with a new strategy?
- How big was your last team and what challenges did you face?
- What’s your presentation experience?
- How do you manage 1:1 meetings?