Branch Manager interview questions
Your high-performing candidate will also have awesome soft skills like leadership, organizational skills, problem-solving and conflict resolution. If they approach difficult situations or challenges like a pro, they’ll be super effective.
- Find out if they’re your dream candidate by asking them to describe specific events relevant to branch management.
- Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you approach a conflict between two employees?
- If your subordinates and superiors disagree with your opinion, how would you approach both groups?
- How would you deal with an underperforming employee?
- How do you sort a budget dispute between different departments or branches?
- Would you encourage competition or collaboration with other branches?
Role-specific interview questions
- What are your top priorities as a branch manager?
- How would you measure performance?
- What are KPIs? What is benchmarking and how do you do it?
- What info do you need to make forecasts?
- How would you delegate responsibilities?
- What’s your leadership style?
- Tell us about 2-3 of your top management best practices?
- How would you increase the branch’s revenues?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer? What happened?
- Tell us about a difficult situation you’ve faced. Would you still approach it the same way?
- Describe a time when you had to make a difficult managerial decision. What happened?
- What are your top tips for team motivation? Has that worked for you in the past?
- How has your experience prepared you for this role?
- What are your long term goals?