Customer Service Rep interview questions
Your ideal Customer Support Representative will be a human-first, empathetic communication-wizard with a genuine desire to help customers. They love to talk, they know exactly what their customer wants and they are natural problem-solvers. These folks have a knack for gathering feedback and listening to it.
- Use open-ended and situational questions to figure out how much customer service experience they have, and what motivates them.
- Listen closely to find out if they’re the communicative, thoughtful team-player you need.
- Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- What prompted you to work in customer care?
- How has your experience prepared you for this role?
- How many customers do you talk to daily?
- What are the most common customer questions you heard in your previous role, and how did you answer them?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough info to answer a customer’s question?
- If a customer complains about a well-known problem with your product, how do you respond?
- Describe a time you turned an angry customer into a happy one.
- How do you respond when a customer tells you you’re taking too long?
- Describe a time a customer gave you valuable feedback about a product, positive or negative?
- Have you ever collaborated with your team to ace a goal?
- Have you ever suggested a way to improve revenue, costs or efficiency?
- What motivates you?