Chief Operating Officer interview questions
Your high-quality candidate will be super organized, communication-focused, and great at juggling multiple tasks and projects. They’ll have solid experience and industry knowledge, great business acumen and top leadership skills. Plus, they’ll be able to interpret your corporate vision into tangible growth strategies and profitable operations that move your business forward.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- What are the top things to look for in a great company culture?
- How do you deal with disagreements with the company CEO?
- What’s your decision making style?
- Describe a typical day at work. How do you prioritize?
- What analysis tech have you used?
- How do you ace quarterly forecasting reports?
- What are your top performance appraisal systems?
- How can you contribute to fundraising ventures?
- What are the top company policies you’d suggest?
- Low costs and unreliable service v high costs but reliable: Which would you choose and why?
- How do you track company progress? What are your favorite metrics to use?
- How do you give and receive feedback like a pro?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe a time when the management board struggled to reach a decision. What did you do?
- Have you ever changed a system to improve company procedures?
- How do you motivate your team to accomplish a specific goal?
- What’s your biggest challenge so far? How did you handle it?