Office Clerk interview questions
Your future high-performer will be a great communicator. Ideal candidates will have some experience with office equipment and should have no problem handling typing and data entry abilities.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you prepare your colleagues if you’re headed out for a week of annual leave?
- How would you keep track of office expenses? What info would you include and how often would you update it?
- What would you do if you lost an important document?
- What would you do if you realized you forgot to print 100 pages of reading materials 5 mins before a training session?
Role-specific interview questions
- How do you ace accurate data entry?
- What’s your favorite calendar management tools? Why?
- What kinds of reports have you created in the past and what were they for?
- How do you keep organized filing systems?
- How do you organize/name files so they’re easy for everyone to navigate?
- What’s your cash transaction and invoice handling experience?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever taken on emergency extra tasks at work? What happened?
- How do you stay motivated?
- What are your daily/weekly/monthly work goals? How do you stick to them?
- What’s your favorite thing about this job? And your least favorite?
- Have you ever dealt with a difficult coworker? What happened?
- Have you ever suggested a new system to save time or money? What happened?
- How do you deal with coworkers in high-stress situations?