High-quality candidates will totally understand your customers and products and be helpful, outgoing and dependable team players. They’ll have previous customer-facing and cash-handling experience (unless you plan to train them) and will be motivated people-pleasers.
Top tips: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Sales Assistant interview questions
- What types of products have you sold before?
- How do you get to know the products you sell?
- Who are our customers?
- What point of sales systems have you used?
- How would you sell [this product]?
- Have you ever suggested something that improved efficiency, costs or time?
- If it’s a slow day at the store, how would you spend your time?
- How do you greet customers?
- Have you ever dealt with an angry customer? What happened?
- How do you build great customer loyalty?
- How do you tell customers about sales and other special events?
- What would you say to a customer who tried to use a deal that didn’t exist?
- What would you do if you caught a customer stealing?
- Tell us about a time you solved a problem with a coworker.
- Describe a time you pitched in for an ill coworker.
- Have you ever had a disagreement with your manager? What happened?