Your future team player is passionate about your product and believes in the solution it provides. They are a talkative people-pleaser who genuinely enjoys helping people, plus they have some experience in customer service. They’ll also have a solid understanding of the inside sales process and know how to balance great sales with great customer experience.
- Look for potential over experience: Great candidates don’t need to be experienced, as long as they show high potential when it comes to their communication skills and passion for the role.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Inside Sales Representative interview questions
- Tell us about the product and customers of your last company.
- What was your sales quota in your last role?
- Walk us through the customer buying decision process. Where are the potential blocks? How do you prepare to close the sale?
- How do you keep up-to-date with the latest trends in your target market?
- What do you ask your customer to find out about their needs?
- What are the challenges of a short sales cycle?
- When do you stop pursuing a potential customer?
- Describe a time you turned a negative customer situation into a positive one.
- What would you do if a customer pointed out a known problem with your product?
- Describe a sale you lost. What would you have done differently?
- How were leads generated at your last company?