Social Media Manager interview questions
High-potential Social Media Manager hires will be super experienced creatives with in-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics. They’ll be driven data-heads who know how to measure success in all social media campaigns and will have great organizational and leadership skills.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- What are your everyday metrics to monitor? What’s the best way to present them to the marketing department?
- What are the pros and cons of using Twitter to connect with clients?
- How would you use Facebook Live and Instagram Stories?
- When is Instagram more useful than Facebook or Twitter?
- How do you find out Facebook follower demographics and when would you use them?
- What are your favorite scheduling tools?
- Do you have any CMS experience?
- How can you tell a bot account?
- How do you know the optimal times to post?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe how you boosted brand awareness via social media in your last role.
- What’s your personal favorite social media network and why?
- What’s the best social media promo campaign you’ve worked on?
- How do you keep up-to-date with current trends and features?
Problem solving interview questions
- What would you do if a client posted negative comments about the company online?
- What are the pros and cons of Facebook paid ads?
- Which metrics would you look at to learn about our current social media strategy?
- How would you promote a company event via social media?
- Which network would you use to attract a younger audience?
- How would you track company mentions online?
- How would you deal with a troll?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now