Your zero-regret new hire will have hands-on experience in SEO and SEM projects like paid search campaigns, funnel analysis, page optimization, keyword research and report preparation. They’ll be driven data-heads with great communication skills and will be just as happy working alone as with a team, plus they’ll have a great understanding of different customer types.
Top tips: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Search Engine Marketing Specialist interview questions
- How does SEO impact content?
- What are the most common on-page SEO ranking issues?
- What are your top SEO tools and why?
- How would you improve optimization on our website?
- What link-building strategies have worked well for you? And the ones that didn't?
- Tell us about the process, results and hypothesis of one of your SEO experiments.
- Describe how you could improve the funnel at your last role.
- How do you decide your PPC campaign budget?
- How do you choose the best keywords to target?
- Which are the top AdWord campaign metrics to look at?
- Tell us about the process, results and hypothesis of an A/B test you’ve run.
- How would you deal with a drop in your average position week over week?