Contract Admin interview questions
Your super high-potential candidate will be trustworthy with an eye for details, and will be able to explain legal requirements and analyze potential risks of specific contract terms. Hires don’t need qualifications but those with legal certificates will stand out.
- Assess candidate attention-to-detail skills with an assignment, like editing a contract or proofreading.
- Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you search for a file if you didn’t know the name?
- How would you ensure confidentiality for digital and physical contracts?
- What would you do if you spot a mistake in a contract that we will have to pay a fine for?
- How would you handle an employee or biz partner that doesn't honor a contract agreement?
Role-specific interview questions
- How do you track deadlines?
- How do you organize physical records of contracts?
- How do you file contract updates?
- How do you prioritize a high workload?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever had to explain complex contract terms to your managers. How did you ensure they complied with all requirements?
- How do you stay up-to-date with legislative changes?
- What’s your negotiation experience? How do you reach an agreement?
- Have you ever missed a deadline? What happened?
- Describe a time you had to monitor future expenditures of a contract. How did you do it?