Product Marketing Manager interview questions
High-quality Product Marketing Manager candidates are experienced strategy-heads who have one ultimate goal: to boost sales. They’ll have an awesome understanding of the value of each department and incredible communication, team-building and leadership skills.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- What should our top priority be to boost sales: lead paid campaigns, improve user experience or design new features?
- How do you turn a marketing lead into a sales opportunity? What info do you give the sales team?
- What does successful product onboarding mean to you?
- How do you measure product launch event success?
- What’s your top CRM tech and which metrics do you track?
- How do you help the sales team present products in the most engaging way?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe a product you launched in your last role. Who was your target audience and what marketing techniques did you use?
- Have your marketing efforts boosted conversion rates before?
- Describe a time your product marketing campaign failed. What did you learn and what would you have done differently?
- How do you make sure your team always hits deadlines?
- How do you keep up-to-date on industry trends?
Problem solving interview questions
- Tell us about a product you love that’s poorly marketed. What would you do differently?
- What channels would you choose to advertise [this feature] and why?
- How would you balance the marketing of a new feature + a price increase?
- What would you do if you’d prepared some awesome advertising activities to promote a new product launch, which is then delayed?