Email Marketing Manager interview questions
Your high-quality new hire will have experience managing advertising projects end-to-end, integrating email campaigns into larger marketing strategies and will have in-depth knowledge about your industry. They’ll know all about Google Analytics, CMS’s and marketing automation tools and will also have powerful copywriting skills.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- What email tracking tools do you use?
- What are the best days/times to send sales emails?
- What should every mobile-friendly email have?
- What email metrics do you monitor? Which do you rate higher and why: open rate or click-through rate?
- Why are emails’ time-on-page metrics important?
- How do you proofread content to make sure it’s the best?
- Which Google Analytics reports are most useful? Why?
Behavioral interview questions
- Which sales-pitch emails really bug you? Why?
- How do you keep up-to-date with the latest software trends and tech?
- Have you ever run a marketing campaign that failed? What would you do differently?
- Have you run A/B tests before? What did you learn?
- What’s been your email marketing project highlight?
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you respond if a competitor insulted our brand to promote their own?
- Give us 2-3 awesome product launch email headers and 2-3 not-so-great ones.
- How would you increase our newsletter subscribers?
- How do you ensure emails don’t get dropped to junk?
- How would you engage past customers who haven’t purchased anything for a while?
- What audiences should we approach with an email campaign? Why?