High-potential PR Managers will be experienced, creative and resourceful with strong communication and leadership skills. They’ll have a great understanding of your company and will ask spontaneous, interesting questions.
- Test their skills: To find high-quality candidates, check candidate portfolios, request writing samples and ask them to talk you through the process of campaign creation.
- Think diversity: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Public Relations Manager interview questions
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- PR vs. advertising: What’s the difference?
- Which are your favorite PR firms and why?
- Which media outlets do you follow?
- How do you choose credible angles for a story pitch?
- What’s your media career highlight?
- Describe some affiliate networks you’ve collaborated with and why.
- How can social media influence your PR strategy?
- How does PR support content marketing?
- What’s your top communication choice to present results?
- What do you consider your most successful campaign?
- How would you deal with a client or manager who disagreed with your PR strategy?
- What does thought leadership mean to you?
- Have you ever had to manage negative media attention? What happened?
- Describe a time your target audience didn't get your PR comms. What did you do?
- How have you worked with a team to handle a PR crisis?
- How would you train or mentor a colleague?
- What are the pros and cons of our current PR work?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now