Field Sales Reps often have to work out-of-office via door-to-door sales, cold calling and face-to-face meetings at potential clients’ offices.
Your zero-regret new hire is innovative and eager to step out of their comfort zone. They have a dynamic personality and a strong passion for sales and marketing. Plus, they’re experienced, goal-driven and have strong negotiation skills.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Field Sales Representative interview questions
- Who are our clients and how can we increase our market share?
- What would be the best client-sourcing methods for us?
- When do you stop pursuing a client?
- What do you do after you close a sale?
- What’s your best and worst sales techniques?
- How could you become a better Field Sales Rep?
- How do you feel about working out-of-office and traveling a lot?
- How does the customer decision buying process work and where does your role come into each phase?
- Which CRM have you worked with?
- What keeps you motivated?
- What does a successful cold call look like to you?
- What tech do you use to forecast sales trends?
- What info do you need for a quarterly report?
- How do you prepare an awesome presentation for a new client?
- How do you connect with existing clients?
- How do you identify customer needs?
- Have you ever had to deal with negative clients? How did you handle them?
- Have you ever failed to reach a sales goal? What would you have done differently?