Field Service Technician interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire is a problem-solver who can explain hard-to-understand details to tech newbies. Look for responsible, independent, flexible workers who don’t mind working solo.
- Test their knowledge: Ask candidates to describe how they’d troubleshoot a common problem. If they can come up with a solution quickly, they’re probably a good candidate.
- Dig deep: Use situational questions to test how your candidates approach ambiguous issues and identify customer needs.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- What do you think are our most common customer queries?
- What tech or systems do you use to record/organize/file your work?
- If a customer problem takes longer than expected and you’re late for your next appointment, what do you do?
- How do you prepare for an on-site client meeting? What equipment do you take?
- What do you do if you can’t solve a problem in the usual ways?
- What questions would you ask a customer with a broken printer, if the display just says ‘Error’?
Role-specific interview questions
- What does awesome after-sales support mean to you?
- Do you have a valid driver’s licence?
- How would you update a computer operating system?
- How do you install antivirus software?
- How do you access Windows Recovery Control?
- How do you increase a laptop’s battery life?
Behavioral interview questions
- How do you keep up-to-date with the latest tech trends?
- What’s your area of expertise? What would you like to learn more about?
- How have you handled angry customers in the past? What happened?
- Describe your biggest challenge so far. What happened and how did you handle it?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now