HR Manager interview questions
Your high-quality HR Manager candidate has a deep knowledge of HR and is awesome at managing people. They are experienced with great interpersonal skills (think: tact, diplomacy, and objectivity) and can develop long lasting relationships with internal and external bodies.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- What’s the highest-priority employee policy and why? How would you make sure the whole team complies?
- What does company culture mean to you?
- What are your top three HR tools and why?
- Describe your hiring approach.
- What’s your ideal onboarding process? How would you ensure it reflects our business goals?
- Tell us about a time you aced a complex HR project from start to finish.
- Which benefits boost employee satisfaction and engagement?
- How do you keep up-to-date with national labor laws (think: taxes, industrial laws, social security, health insurance)?
- Have you ever made a mistake that resulted in regulatory issues? What happened?
- What’s the best way to resolve employee v upper-level management conflicts?