Volunteer Coordinator interview questions
High-potential candidates are inspirational leaders, passionate about working with people and have experience as volunteers themselves. They are awesome communicators, believe in your company’s mission and ask spontaneous, thoughtful questions.
- Look for experience: A degree isn’t necessary but look out for candidates with social studies or HR experience. Volunteer Coordinators come from all backgrounds, ranging from volunteer coordinator to operations management.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you encourage volunteer diversity?
- How would you communicate the impact of volunteers’ work in the community?
- What would say if a committed volunteer decided to quit?
- How do you motivate/reward unpaid volunteers?
- What would you do if an enthusiastic volunteer lacked time-management and organizational skills?
- If you were lacking in volunteers, would you take any person who applied? What would it take for you to refuse a volunteer?
Role-specific interview questions
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- How would you rate your leadership skills?
- Is our mission important to you and why?
- How will your experience help you ace this role?
- What’s your database experience? How would you use a database to recruit volunteers?
- How would you track volunteers?
- When would you conduct a background check?
- What’s your training experience?
- What software does a volunteer coordinator need?
- What do you need to create a volunteer schedule?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever dealt with an argument between volunteers? What happened?
- Tell us about a time you found it difficult to stay motivated as a volunteer. What did you do? What would you do as a volunteer coordinator?
- Describe a time you had to work with too-few volunteers. How did you manage?
- Describe the most successful project/event you’ve coordinated.
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now