Training Specialist interview questions
High-quality candidates will have experience organizing training sessions from scratch and (if it’s useful to you) a background in HR. They’ll have solid communication, presentation and event coordination skills, plus they’ll be familiar with e-learning platforms and simulation programs.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- What drew you to this role?
- How would you improve sales staff negotiation skills?
- What’s the best training to give new hires? How would you organize that training?
- How would you motivate employees to take an optional course?
- How would you persuade senior staff to invest in L&D?
- What would you do if you realized you forgot to order educational material two days before a training session?
Role-specific interview questions
- What’s your e-learning software experience?
- How do you customize training sessions for varying levels of seniority?
- How do you identify training needs? What’s your approach to a skills gap analysis?
- How do you figure out how effective an educational program is?
- How do you evaluate training impact on employee performance?
- What’s the difference between mentoring, coaching and on-the-job training and when should they be used?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe your in-house training highlight. What resources did you use?
- Tell us about a time you outsourced employee learning. How did you select the training courses?
- How do you connect with employees about career path options?
- Have you ever designed a program that failed to address employee needs? What happened and what would you change next time?