Training Specialist interview questions
High-quality candidates will have experience organizing training sessions from scratch and (if it’s useful to you) a background in HR. They’ll have solid communication, presentation and event coordination skills, plus they’ll be familiar with e-learning platforms and simulation programs.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- What drew you to this role?
- How would you improve sales staff negotiation skills?
- What’s the best training to give new hires? How would you organize that training?
- How would you motivate employees to take an optional course?
- How would you persuade senior staff to invest in L&D?
- What would you do if you realized you forgot to order educational material two days before a training session?
Role-specific interview questions
- What’s your e-learning software experience?
- How do you customize training sessions for varying levels of seniority?
- How do you identify training needs? What’s your approach to a skills gap analysis?
- How do you figure out how effective an educational program is?
- How do you evaluate training impact on employee performance?
- What’s the difference between mentoring, coaching and on-the-job training and when should they be used?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe your in-house training highlight. What resources did you use?
- Tell us about a time you outsourced employee learning. How did you select the training courses?
- How do you connect with employees about career path options?
- Have you ever designed a program that failed to address employee needs? What happened and what would you change next time?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now