Inside Sales Manager interview questions
Inside Sales Managers train, evaluate and motivate the sales team. High-quality candidates have plenty on-the-job experience and are proactive and goal-driven. They have solid communication skills, can set goals and assign tasks and are awesome team-players.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- Who are our customers and where might you find them?
- What makes us stand out from the crowd? How could we use that to our advantage during the sales process?
- Walk me through the sales process step by step. What influences customer buying decisions?
- How do you set sales team goals?
- What CRM tech have you used?
Behavioral interview questions
- What is your top tip on great customer service?
- Did you improve the sales admin process in your last role?
- What are the best training methods for new salespeople?
- How do you motivate disengaged team members?
Problem solving interview questions
- What info would you include in a quarterly sales forecast?
- How and when would you support a struggling employee?
- How would you create an awesome onboarding process?
- Would you implement a new organizational tool if training your team on it meant they wouldn’t meet their monthly goals?
- If you lost a sales opportunity, how would you break the news to senior managers?