Instructional Designer interview questions
Your future high-performer understands the importance of employee training and continuous learning. They can identify training needs, set educational goals and choose the best instructional methods.
- Set assignments: During the hiring process, set role-relevant projects like asking them to develop an e-learning session.
- Check their portfolio: Ask candidates to present a portfolio and explain how they designed their programs.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- What simulation activities would you develop to train sales teams?
- If you designed a short employee course for a new software, would you design separate courses for technical and non-technical staff? Why?
- How would you review and assess current training courses?
- How would you make a theoretical course more fun?
Role-specific interview questions
- What’s your recording scripts experience? What software do you use?
- What’s your experience with Photoshop and Illustrator?
- How do you measure a program’s effectiveness?
- Describe your curriculum planning process.
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe your most successful learning program and how it helped develop employee skills.
- Describe a time you taught instructors how to use an e-learning platform. How did you do it?
- How do you choose which tech to use and how to structure your content when you design a new course?
- Have trainees ever not understood your course? What happened?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now