CEO interview questions
Your new hire should be experienced, know the industry inside-out and have great leadership skills, like resilience, patience and an influential flair. They have a data-driven approach, attention to detail and sharp negotiation skills.
- Schedule an onsite introductory interview to talk about their skills and your business needs.
- Use tangible criteria to understand if they’re a good fit for your company.
- Include board members and other execs in the hiring process.
- Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- What is our company’s mission and vision?
- Who are our biggest competitors? How do we stand out?
- What would you do in your first 30 days as CEO?
- What changes would you implement during your first year in the company? How would you ace a 5-year plan?
- What are the biggest challenges our industry faces in the next 5 years?
- What’s the most helpful tech you’ve used? Would you bring it to our org?
- What is the top innovative product or service you’ve worked on?
- How do you make a big financial decision? What criteria do you use?
- In 5 mins, prepare a small pitch to present our company to a potential investor.
- What would you do if a product or service we made failed?
Behavioral interview questions
- What makes a good leader?
- What is the best and the worst part of being a CEO?
- What is the biggest challenge you have faced in your career? How did you overcome it and what did you learn?
- Name two strengths and two weaknesses you have and how they can impact your role.
- What’s your preferred team management tool and why?
- What do you find hardest about management?
- How would your coworkers define your comms style?
- How would you deal with a conflict between two employees?
- What’s the toughest decision you’ve had to make? How did you approach it and what was the result?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now