National Account Manager interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire will be an awesome communicator who has experience building profitable, long-term relationships with clients. They’ll have excellent negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills. Depending on your needs, they may also need to be keen to travel and be great at multitasking across projects.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- How often should a National Account Manager meet with Area Managers?
- Are you willing to travel for work? What’s your flexibility?
- What are the top employee performance review methods?
- What’s your CRM experience?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe the most challenging project you’ve ever worked on.
- Have you ever dealt with an inter-team conflict? What happened?
- How do you keep a cool head and motivate your team?
- Have you had to lay off an employee? How did you handle it?
Problem solving interview questions
- Where would you look for new sales opportunities?
- What does an awesome onboarding process look like?
- If we were hiring a new Regional Manager, which interview questions would you suggest we ask?
- If a store failed to hit its monthly sales quota, would you approach the Store Manager or talk to the entire team? Why?