Office Administrator interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire will possess a strong work ethic and be happy with any task so long as they’re helping. They can stay neutral during conflicts and help maintain a positive work environment.
- Think about experience: Experience isn’t necessary, but think about how much time you can dedicate to training inexperienced employees.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- Which departments did you support at your current/previous job? How did you support them?
- How do you prioritize tasks?
- What were the most common admin tasks at your last job?
- Have you ever had to ask your supervisor for advice or support?
- What are your favorite daily software programs?
- What are your top organization tools?
- What have you used Excel for in the past?
- How are your presentation skills?
- How did your current/previous team handle expense reports?
- What are your fave calendar management tools?
- Have you ever worked on a team-project with a tight deadline?
- Have you ever had to communicate with a client or senior manager on behalf of your boss?
- How have you improved efficiency at work?
- Describe your most challenging customer.
- Have you ever dealt with a difficult colleague? What happened?
- How important is it to “manage up”?