Office Managers oversee overall office maintenance and culture to create an efficient, productive environment for the whole team. They’re responsible for office security, stores, procedures and bank accounts—every resource your employees need to ace their jobs.
- Look for experience: Ask interview questions aimed at sussing out their on-the-job experience.
- Keep an eye out for interpersonal skills: Soft skills are crucial for this role so get a sense of their leadership skills and conflict resolution abilities.
- Think diversity: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Office Manager interview questions
- What does a day in the life look like for an Office Manager?
- What were your main responsibilities in your last job?
- What are your key goals and how do you ace them?
- Have you ever resolved an office conflict? What happened?
- What is an ‘office crisis’ to you? How would you deal with that?
- How do you track office resources?
- How did you keep office records safe at your last company?
- What were your top admin processes at your last company? What didn’t work?
- Describe a successful system change you made in your last job.
- How do you handle employee requests for confidential info?
- What’s the hardest thing about this role?
- How have you worked as a team to boost productivity?
- How do you conduct fun, engaging training sessions with your team?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now