Restaurant Manager qualifications to look for
Restaurant Managers oversee the daily operations of a restaurant. They hire and train staff, coordinate employee schedules, and ensure company protocols are followed by all staff members.
Your top hire will want your restaurant to run profitably and efficiently, displaying excellent team-leadership and organizational skills.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- Conflict-management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
Top tip: Diversity is key to a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Restaurant Manager interview questions
- How familiar are you with our establishment? Can you tell about what you would change based on your experience?
- How would you describe our competitors? What do you think our general customer is like?
- How do you introduce yourself to management and staff when you join a new team? What expectations do you set?
- What’s the most challenging aspect of being a manager? What do you do to improve these skills?
- What is your experience with cost control? What actions have you taken to save costs or increase revenue?
- How do you stay precise on revenue reports, inventory reports, and payroll reports?
- How do you address an item on the menu that isn’t selling?
- Recall a time you resolved a conflict with a guest. How did you handle it?
- What role do you take in mentoring staff?
- When was the last time you let an employee go? What was the reason and the outcome?
- Describe the best employee you’ve ever hired. How did they start out and how did they improve?
- Describe a time when you handled a difficult night in your establishment.
- How do you deal with unhappy customers?
- How do you accommodate special requests from customers when it’s busy?
- Describe a time you went above and beyond guest expectations. What was the outcome?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now