Special Education Teacher interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire is experienced, qualified (think: Special Education degree) and has expert skills in conflict management and communication. They keep a cool head in a crisis and always look on the bright side. Plus, they’ll be an advocate for equality, diversity and inclusion in schools.
- Look for experience: Ask your candidate to present previous lesson plan examples to demonstrate their teaching methods.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- Tell us about the most challenging student you’ve ever worked. How did you work with them to succeed?
- Walk us through one of your lesson plans. Was it successful and why?
- Which are your favorite teaching strategies?
- What’s your Individualized Education Plan experience?
- How would you integrate a student with learning disabilities into the classroom?
- How do you maintain discipline in your classroom?
- Have you ever encountered a major challenge at work? How did you overcome it?
- How do you include parents and support staff in the educational process?
Role-specific interview questions
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- What do you love about teaching?
- Why did you choose this line of work?
- What are your career goals?
- What’s the top challenge/reward working with special education students?
Behavioral interview questions
- How would you deal with a frustrated/angry parent?
- What would you do if a student with a moderate mental disability was bullied by a classmate?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now