About the Communications Assistant Position
Our team is looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative professional to join our team as a Communications Assistant. As a Communications Assistant, you’ll be responsible for content creation that’s tailored to our brand. Through writing blog posts, drafting press releases, or making social media posts, you’ll use your communication skills to help reach our clientele.
If you think this sounds like a good fit for you, read on to learn more about the position. We’d love to hear from you.
Communications Assistant Responsibilities
- Work to plan and implement internal and external communications strategies
- Draft and edit company press releases in a timely manner
- Create and share social media posts and web content, such as blog posts, in line with the company’s social media guidelines
- Prepare and maintain presentations, reports, calendars, and media contact lists
- Support internal communications and administrative teams
- Keep track of media exposure and project developments
Communications Assistant Requirements
- BA/BS in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Excellent multitasking and organizational skills
- Proficiency in design software, including Adobe Photoshop
- Strong attention to detail
Find this Communications Assistant job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Communications Assistant?
A good Communications Assistant will be a creative self-starter who uses their communications skills to promote a company and its goals. Whether writing blog posts for the company website or working with a Communications Manager on a larger project, they’re ready to use their multitasking skills to help out where they can.
Who does a Communications Assistant report to?
A Communications Assistant typically reports to a Communications Manager.
What is the salary range for a Communications Assistant?
The average salary range for a Communications Assistant is $32,000 to $55,000.