About the Content Manager Position
We’re searching for an experienced Content Manager to join our team. As a Content Manager, you’ll oversee the company’s web content strategy from ideation to distribution. You’ve demonstrated your ability to manage a team of creatives and balance administrative tasks alongside your editorial duties. You’re never short of ideas for improving existing content, and you’re always on the lookout for content gaps that need filling.
Read on to learn more about your day-to-day responsibilities as a Content Manager.
Content Manager Responsibilities
- Working with the content writing, graphic design, web development, and social media teams to plan, create, and distribute content
- Proofreading and editing submissions according to brand guidelines
- Implementing SEO best practices to ensure all content ranks well and demonstrates an understanding of its target audience
- Developing a comprehensive content strategy across multiple platforms, including the company website and social media channels
- Reviewing analytics and search performance reports to assess the success of content marketing initiatives
- Assisting with outreach and amplification initiatives to improve the website’s search engine ranking scores
- Performing regular content audits to ensure content is accurate, optimized, updated, and relevant to the target audience
- Creating and maintaining a streamlined content calendar that keeps the whole team on track
- Brainstorming new content ideas alongside the larger creative and marketing team
Content Manager Requirements
We expect all our candidates to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, or similar field
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a content manager
- Proven managerial skills and experience
- Exceptional writing and editing skills (particularly technical writing expertise)
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for creativity
- Experience using popular content management systems and analytics tools (Ahrefs, Wordpress, and Google Search Console are a few examples)
- A strong grasp of UX and SEO best practices
- Some knowledge of web design, including HTML and CSS
- Basic graphic design skills
Find this Content Manager job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Content Manager?
Good Content Managers are collaborators, not micromanagers. They skillfully oversee writers, designers, and other creatives without stifling their creativity. Thanks to their strong technical writing backgrounds, Content Managers are adept at writing clear article briefs, style guides, and blog articles.
Who does a Content Manager report to?
Content Managers typically report to a marketing specialist or marketing director.
What is the salary range for a Content Manager?
The average salary of a Content Manager ranges from $40,000 to $85,000.