About the Lab Technician Position
We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a lab manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or chemicals). He/She will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate about doing work that moves things forward.
The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and meaningful results that can be used to make a difference.
Lab Technician Responsibilities
- Receive٫ label and analyze samples (blood٫ toxic٫ tissue٫ etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures٫ make observations and interpret findings
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
- Organize and store all chemicals substances٫ fluids٫ and compressed gasses according to safety instructions
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
Lab Technician Requirements
- Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids٫ infectious bacteria٫ biohazards٫ etc.)
- In depth knowledge of QHSE Systems٫ preventative measures and laboratory best practices
- Excellent physical condition and endurance
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Valid laboratory technician license
- Degree in biology٫ chemistry or relevant field