About the Medical Secretary Position
We are looking for a Medical Secretary to assist our medical office. Patients٫ visitors٫ and medical staff will turn to you for information and help with organizational issues.
Our medical secretary should be experienced and well-spoken٫ with practice running a medical office. If you're reliable٫ computer-savvy and can multitask٫ we’d like to meet you.
We want you to ensure the smooth workflow of our medical facilities so that our patients receive the greatest possible care.
Medical Secretary Responsibilities
- Welcome and assist patients as needed
- Type medical documents (e.g. physician dictations and patient charts)
- Keep accurate patient and medical records
- Control office communications (e.g. phone٫ correspondence)
- Schedule medical appointments
- Work with insurance companies to process claims
- Process invoices٫ bills٫ and payments
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive information
Medical Secretary Requirements
- Some experience as a medical secretary or similar administrative position
- Understanding of medical terminology٫ regulations and medical office procedures; we would prefer you have some knowledge of medical coding
- Experience processing insurance claims
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping
- Proficiency in MS Office٫ databases and EHR systems
- Exceptional communication skills
- Patience and discretion
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- High school diploma; additional training in Medical Administration is a big plus