About the Machinist position
We are looking for a Machinist to handle various kinds of our machines to fulfill assigned tasks٫ optimizing their performance. Your duties will include performing accurate measurements٫ producing or repairing precision parts and handling both manual and automated equipment.
You should possess good manual dexterity and an eye for detail٫ and have decent knowledge of mathematics and mechanics. We also expect you to adhere to safety requirements.
Machinist responsibilities are:
- Inspect samples٫ drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Set the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Mark material for cutting or shaping٫ taking its measurements
- Prepare appropriate machines (such as lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Define and program size of batches٫ speed of machine etc.
- Inspect working machines to adjust the feed٫ maintain temperature and identify issues
- Review output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Manage records of approved and defective units or final products
- Organize routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
Machinist requirements are:
- 2+ years' experience of working on a Machinist position
- Significant experience of using and programming manual٫ semi-automated or automated tools and machines٫ such as lathes٫ grinders and so on
- Significant experience of taking accurate measurements with precision tools (such as calipers)
- Excellent knowledge of the properties of metal and other materials
- Good ability to read blueprints٫ schematics and manuals
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be a bonus