About the Medical Assistant Position
We’re seeking a qualified and capable Medical Assistant to join our healthcare team. As a Medical Assistant at our facility, you’ll help with administrative duties, keep patient records, prepare patient rooms, and assist physicians during routine medical procedures.
Since we’ll count on the person in this role to ensure our office runs smoothly, they’ll need a strong desire to help out wherever they’re needed.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities
- Perform daily administrative duties as needed, including patient check-in and check-out, scheduling appointments, working with insurance, and setting up referrals
- Record patient medical histories, take and record vitals, and record lab results and other confidential information for medical records
- Assist doctors with medical treatments and exams, including giving injections and taking samples as needed
- Prepare exam rooms and clean medical instruments between patients
- Manage medical supply inventory, restocking exam rooms as needed
- Assist patients with any questions they may have
- Adhere to HIPAA and OSHA standards at all times
Medical Assistant Requirements
- Medical Assistant certification required
- [1-2] years experience working as a Medical Assistant
- Strong understanding of patient care and medical terminology
- Superb organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Working knowledge of electronic medical healthcare record systems preferred
Find this Medical Assistant job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Medical Assistant?
A good Medical Assistant will not only have a good work ethic, but a strong desire to improve the quality of a patient’s life. Whether preparing rooms for treatment or assisting a doctor doing an exam, you know the patient’s well-being is the top priority.
Who does a Medical Assistant report to?
A Medical Assistant usually reports to a physician.
What is the salary range for a Medical Assistant?
The salary range for a Medical Assistant is $28,000 to $48,000.