About the Payroll Specialist position
We are looking for a knowledgeable Payroll Specialist to process and manage the company’s payroll. You will be the one to calculate wages based on hours worked and administer payments.
A payroll specialist is able to use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency. They are good with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information. They also have great communication skills to interact with colleagues and executives.
The goal is to ensure personnel receives the correct compensation in a timely manner.
Payroll Specialist responsibilities are:
- Gathering information on hours worked for each employee
- Calculating the correct amount incorporating overtime٫ deductions٫ bonuses etc. with assistance of a computer system
- Preparing reports for upper management٫ finance department etc.
- Receiving approval from upper management for payments when
- Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Keeping track of hourly rates٫ wages٫ compensation benefit rates٫ new hire information etc.
- Addressing issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors needed
Payroll Specialist requirements are:
- Experience as a Payroll Specialist
- Familiar with MS Office
- Great time-management skills
- Effective communication skills
- BA/BSc in Business or a related field